Tour Map

Sunday, October 2, 2016

October 2

Well I'm quickly running out of friends and family to visit on this trip.  Yesterday I stayed with my brother-in-law, Tim and his wife Kelly, in Chalfont, PA and tonight I'm staying with my oldest son, Brian, in Pottstown, PA.  More light rain on today's ride.  I think the sun is scheduled to return tomorrow.  We'll see!
Here are some pictures from yesterday's ride:

The most wonderful sign I can think of!!
Crossing the bridge from New Jersey to New Hope, Pennsylvania:
I thought this was an interesting sign (sorry it's a little blurry) because all the bike signs I've seen so far indicated that the law required cars to give a bicycle 3 feet of clearance.  Here in New Hope it says 4 feet of clearance.  Of course that rarely happens - 4 feet would put the cars almost in the other lane.  I have to say that all the car and truck drivers, so far, have been very courteous in either giving me space or waiting patiently behind me until there was adequate room to pass.  So a big Thank You to all the drivers out there for being patient with bicyclists.
Just a picture of a street in New Hope, PA.  I stopped for a bowl of soup (because I was really cold) and a cheesesteak at the Italian Restaurant on the left side.
Continued on my way to Chalfont riding on the Doylestown Hike/Bike trail.  It was a nice wide trail and beautifully paved:

Today's ride to Pottstown was rainy again.  Only one picture.  This is part of the Perkiomen Trail which I rode for several miles.  Despite the poor weather it was nice to see other people using the trail to walk, jog, and bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment