Tour Map

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 23

WOW.  I thought yesterday started chilly at 50 degrees - today I started riding in 39 degree weather.  I thought I was back in Maine for a minute!!  But after pedaling for a while the cooler temperatures made for some comfortable riding and I was able to keep a 14-16 mph pace for a long time.

This is the Arthur Ravenal Bridge crossing the Cooper River into Charleston:

Charleston is fairly small with many homes having the typical southern architecture with multi-level porches.



The streets looked clean and there were a lot of pedestrians walking about and bicycles on the roads.



I passed several horse drawn carriages giving tours of the city, especially the French Quarter.

I thought this was an interesting place with a Penn State sign and an Philadelphia Eagles sign out front.


All in all, a nice place for a visit.  I would like to return to see Fort Sumpter where the first shots of the Civil war were fired.


No comments:

Post a Comment