Tour Map

Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 26, 27

Last night I stayed on the outskirts of Savannah with a wonderful host named Sonya.  If you were to look up the term "Joie de vivre" (enjoyment of life) you would find a picture of this woman.  Bubbly and exuberant and excited about everything.  Had a wonderful stay.
Here is a picture of Sonya in a room she and her husband built especially for their Harley Davidson motorcycles:

The 26th was a wonderful day for a ride; sunny but not too hot, and the wind seemed to be at my back at least part of the ride.  On the way to Brunswick, Georgia I passed this church billed as "The Smallest Church in America".  It was actually a little spooky being set back in the woods, all the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees, and the fact that no one was there.


My host for the 26th was a retied firefighter named Jeff.  A really nice guy and super interesting to talk to.  We sat around his fire pit and talked for several hours that evening.  He lives in a beautiful home with an exterior finish made of "Tabby" which is like stucco mixed with sea shells.  It was a really nice look.


 The next morning I was on the road before 7:30am for my longest mileage day of the trip so far; 103 miles, to the home of long time family friends living in Green Cove Springs, Florida.  The last 2 days were auspicious for 3 reasons: (1) I passed the 2000 mile mark, (2) rode over 100 miles in a single day for the first time, and (3) entered the last state on my trip, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment