Tour Map

Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 19, 20, 21

After leaving New Bern I headed down to the North Carolina shore stopping the night at a hotel in Topsail Beach.  The shore here looks exactly like the Jersey shore or any other shore point with houses and hotels all vying for a view of the ocean.
This store caught my eye because of the large shark out front.  I saw another store of the same name a few miles down the beach, but it had a large Crocodile in front.  Almost looks like it's going to eat that car out front!!

Just an early morning shot of Topsail Beach.  Guys surf fishing and shrimp boats off the coast.



Further down the road I stopped for the night at Carolina Beach State Park campground.  I have to say I'm getting a little tired of camping especially since my air mattress only holds air for 1-2 hours then I need to blow it up again.  That makes for a long night without any quality sleep.
Here's my home for the night.


And now for a quality dinner!!  I had to get the Utz potato chips just because they're from Hanover.
These little critters kept crawling up the outside of my tent.

The next morning it was off to the Fort Fisher-Southport Ferry across the Cape Fear River.  Along the way a cyclist pulled up to talk.  Turns out he has a sister who lives in Dillsburg, PA not too far from my home.  Small world.



Passed by St. James Plantation.  Sue and I stopped there last year to see the place.  It's a huge master planned community - really nice.
Finally a goodbye to North Carolina and into South Carolina.  Not too many states left to go!

Stopping tonight in North Myrtle Beach, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment