Tour Map

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12

Had a wonderful time with my hosts last night and Beth made a terrific breakfast casserole in the morning.  Wonderful people and very gracious hosts.
I rode through miles of beautiful Virginia farmland today.  Stopped here by the side of the road for a snack:
The roads were in good shape but, for most of the ride, there was no shoulder which made me a little cautious.
I learned I was no longer in Northern Virginia anymore (I wasn't in the North anymore!) when I saw this sign:
Finally I got to Fredericksburg.  Here's the bridge leading into town:
A nice mural in town:
Some pictures of Mary Washington College (which my sister Carolyn attended):






A very pretty campus.
This friendly campus police officer flagged me down and just wanted to ask me about my trip and tell me about some of his bicycle adventures.  Turns out he used to be the campus bicycle police officer until they put all the officers in cars.  Nice guy.
Tonight I'm staying at an Air BNB for the first time.  Williamsburg tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment