Tour Map

Sunday, October 23, 2016

October 22

Only scheduled 55 miles today to Georgetown, SC which is good since my legs have been getting a little achy.  Plus the next two days will be over 70 miles so I'm glad for an easier day today.  The day started chilly at 50 degrees and very windy.  Only got up to 55 degrees in the mid-afternoon but that was a relief from the recent heat.  Yesterday was a hot, 60 mile day and I drank SIX 24oz bottles of water during the day.  Even stopped twice and bought Snapple and some Monster drink also.  But today with the cooler temperatures it was much easier riding.
Riding out of North Myrtle Beach I was happy to get in some dedicated bike lanes.

Part of the Myrtle Beach boardwalk:

After reaching Murrells Inlet I was able to get on this wooded bike path for a while.  Unfortunately there was still a lot of damage from hurricane Matthew with many uprooted trees blocking the path.
Finally rolled into Georgetown in the early afternoon.  After finding my place for the night I got back on the bike to ride around town.  Really a nice town with many streets shaded by old Carolina Oak trees.
The main street through town (Front Street) is lined with quaint shops and they even have a Harborwalk with many cafes having outside seating facing the marina.  Very nice.




Tomorrow, 73 miles on to Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment