Tour Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11

I had a nice stay with my son Patrick last night.  We went out for pizza and then closed the night out with a Hagen Daz thick shake from Smashburger.  Scrumptious!
I was a little worried starting out the day's ride trying to get out of the traffic of Rockville and Bethesda but everything turned out OK.  After just 2-3 miles I was riding in dedicated bike lanes that led directly to the Bethesda Trolley Rail trail:
That got me into Bethesda where I picked up the Capital Crescent Trail which was really nice.  The Rock Creek trail yesterday was very bumpy from tree roots lifting up the pavement - but this Capital Crescent Trail was beautifully paved:
Here's a shot of a bridge on the Capital Crescent Trail with the C&O canal running underneath:
After several miles the Capital Crescent Trail led me to the C&O Canal Tow Path:


I was surprised how bumpy and rocky the trail was.  If Sue and I come back to ride the C&O Tow Path in the future we will need to get different bikes with some sort of suspension system like a shock absorber for the front fork and the seat post.
A stranded barge:
Crossing the Chain Bridge from Maryland into Arlington, Virginia:


Here's my host for the night - Dave, his son, Trey, and their enormous dogs:
Should be in Fredericksburg tomorrow.  (Still looking for the warm weather.)

No comments:

Post a Comment