Tour Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 27

I had a great stay last night with my hosts, Tom and Cece, in New Milford, CT.  Tom is doing a lot of work on establishing bicycle trails in the New Milford area.  It's a long, long process getting these bike trails and rail trails established when you have to work with multiple municipalities, zoning boards, get Right-of-Ways or easements, and of course, get funding.  I applaud Tom for all his efforts.

After leaving New Milford, Tom rode out with me for about 7-8 miles and then headed for home.  Before long I was in New York:
   After about 15 miles the hills showed up.  I start to sweat when I see these elevation charts show up on the Garmin!

 The hills just keep going up, up,up.


After the hills were finished I was sweaty and cold so I stopped and made some hot oatmeal to warm up.  Really hit the spot.  A few miles later I was on a nice system of rail trails.

The rail trails led just about all the way into Poughkeepsie, NY.  After getting a little lost I finally found the Hudson River Walkway, an elevated pedestrian pathway across the river.  Just beautiful.


Well, that's all for now.  Have to get back on the bike and find my hosts for the night, somewhere south of New Paltz, NY.

2 comments:

  1. OMGsh that elevation was incredible! Nice that you're finding so many bike trails. Would you say it's been about half and half, trails and roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like 90% roads and 10% trails. Finding the trails is a real treat since most of them are relatively flat.

      Delete