Tour Map

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 2

Only scheduled 35 miles today as a bit of recovery from yesterday's miles.Went through Northport, Maine which is much, much smaller than Northport, NY.  Almost just a crossroads.



Then proceeded on to Camden which was a very pretty town, quaint shops, nice main street, gorgeous B&B's along the water.  I'd like to come back someday and spend some time here.
Then proceeded on to Rockport, Maine where a very nice family hosted me for the evening.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Wiscasset, Maine where I will be pitching a tent in the woods for the night.  I'll let you know how that turns out!!

By the way - Fall is coming:




5 comments:

  1. Can't believe the time has finally come and you are actually taking on this east coast trek! You are very brave and adventurous, I admire you for taking on this endeavor. You go!!! Hope you get some good sleep tonight and stay warm, Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey. Of course this would not be possible without your encouragement and support. I'll keep you posted along the way. Love you too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool that we can follow your journey. We think you are crazy, but in an amazing "follow your dreams" way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie. Thanks for following along. It's nice to have a connection to family and friends back home.
    After a cold, wet, 40 degree night in the tent last night I would agree with you on the "crazy" part!! It better warm up soon or I'll be camping in the next Hampton Inn I see!!

    ReplyDelete