Tour Map

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 1

Woke up Tuesday morning (9/13) to 48 degrees.  A chilly start.  I had to get out the long finger gloves and a windbreaker to start the day but the riding was good.  The first 30 miles went by quickly and I met Sue at a roadside gas station/diner in East Orland.  Very classy!!  I had French Toast and chocolate milk - really hit the spot.  Of course I thought I was hot stuff after the first 30 mile flew by - but then the next 30 miles came along to kick my butt.  The head wind seemed stronger, the hills seemed larger, the bike seemed heavier, blah blah, blah - I knew I was just getting tired.  But finally the town of Belfast arrived.  It has a very nice downtown along the water with some very nice shops and restaurants.

Verona Bridge near Bucksport, Maine



Nice waterfront walk in Belfast, Maine:


 Here's my buddy, all loaded up:

No comments:

Post a Comment