Tour Map

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice People

Last night I had no pl ace to stay and so biked a little over 40 miles and started looking for a place to pitch my tent in the woods.  I found an appropriate spot but it was too early to set up camp so I decided to just ride around.  Well, a little ways down the road I spotted a house with a big piece of property and a large motor-home in the driveway.  I figured if they're campers maybe they will let me tent on their property.
Sure enough, the guy, Gerry, was happy to give me a place to camp, offered me a shower and food.  Then his neighbors (John and Joan) came over and they asked me over for dinner.  I was expecting a quick microwave meal but John prepared Ratatouille, oven fried potatoes, peas and carrots, and a wonderful piece of white fish.  Dinner also came with some excellent discussion.
What a pleasure it is to meet people like this - so kind and generous.  Truly a wonderful thing and I'm so grateful for their kindness.

1 comment:

  1. So glad for that chance meeting and those kind people!

    ReplyDelete