Tour Map

Thursday, November 3, 2016

November 3

Woke up to a a beautiful Florida morning.  Here's the view from Helen's breakfast table looking across a lake:
Hardly a breeze and 74 degrees.  Perfect for riding.  After an hour or two I rode through Boca and Boca Raton.  Both are really beautiful places.  Great roads and very scenic.  Unfortunately, as I got closer to Miami the roads got more congested and the traffic light grew closer and closer together making it hard to cover a lot of miles quickly.  To make matters worse It rained for the last two hours of the ride.
Imagine riding a bicycle on very busy, congested city roads, lots of trucks, no shoulder on the side of the road, and then add heavy rain.  I was pretty much on edge.  Didn't need any coffee to stay awake!!  The last 22 miles took three hours when normally it wouldn't have even been two.
But - it doesn't matter.  Tomorrow I hit Route 1 (the Overseas Highway) and head out onto the Keys!!
Woo Hoo!!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the pictures and reading your stories! Hope you're having a great time! Awesome job!!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Briana. I'm glad you're following along. It's been a fantastic trip. One one hand I think it's time to get home - on the other hand I would do this again in a heartbeat. Thanks for leaving your comments.

    ReplyDelete